Website – www.musicproducerpro.net
1) Following the Billboards is essential stuff that all people that want to get signed should be doing as a standard – it’s very important to know what is going on around in the popular charts. http://www.billboard.com
2) Getting serious about producing/songwriting – Find the part of the music industry that you want to get into and actually start doing it everyday. No slacking, no excuses.. It is your career at the end of the day.. and don’t ever for a second think because Beyonce has money shes not making music everyday.. FACT!
3) Setting your place of work – It’s essential that you have a place where you make your songs or produce your music, some people like to write songs here and there.. find your place where you can focus and get stuff down. Sometimes you may come to a mental block – go outside for a couple hours and get a break then try again.. simple stuff works.
4) Be productive, set goals. If you want to make a mix cd or have a collection of songs you want to have done.. start setting deadlines! Don’t think when your signed you can just sit around, you will have a deadline the label wants that album done by! And you will have to come up with fresh shit. No slipping.. you will be in the world of world class artists.. if you ain’t up to scratch you will be dropped!!!!
5) Have your work available online for your audience and do EVERYTHING possible with that. A good way to do this is just check all your favorite artist myspaces, website etc out and whatever they are doing.. if possible just go do too. You need to be on the MAP.. you need to do it NOW!! Do not expect shit to just happen for you because your lucky i’m even telling you this shit.. and your boy who makes better beats then you is prob making beats everyday hoping you don’t start!! Cause he knows the KEY!! Make sure your myspace is up.. your on tweeter.. and when your ready .. push your shit on iTunes.. its cheap these days.
6) Quality over Quantity .. i know i said it’s all about having loads of songs made etc.. however remember the quality of what your saying always comes first. Everyone is quality of rushing shit sometimes because you just wanna hear what it sounds like.. but trust.. quality is always better!! How often do you hear something on the radio you can’t understand because the person is mumbling.. hardly ever! End of.
7) Build a team.. you must have heard the saying .. one man cant do everything.. but everyone can do something. You need a team to push your shit when your not there to, a team to push your music to people you don’t know and you do the same back. Teams are essential in the music biz.. Look at your favourite artist.. i’m sure there in a team somewhere down the line..
8) Demos – Make sure you get your stuff down and ready, you never know who you may want your music and you never know whos hands it may fall into.. and once you have a demo done.. ALWAYS keep at least 5 copies on you everywhere you go. You are the main promoter of your shit.. be on form bra.
9) Make sure you learn how to produce music, how to make beats and even how to sing if your not good before using all of these tips.. or you will be laughed at. Be confident within yourself.. if anything.. feel free to comment on this post and i will listen to your stuff and give you some honest feedback. But knowing what your doing is Essential.. The music industry is full of professionals.. for example.. Souljaboy may not be the best musician in the world however he knows what his doing in the studio to make a hit record.. do you? If not go learn right now!!!!
10) BE YOURSELFFFFFFFF…. 100% INSIDE AND OUT..
For more information please visit www.musicproducerpro.net